- Cooking Time: 55 to 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 - 16 ounce package fresh breakfast sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 4 cups cubed day old bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (12 ounces, each) evaporated milk
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place bread in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine evaporated milk, eggs, dry mustard, onion powder and pepper in medium bowl.
- Pour evenly over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with sausage. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning:
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Cover with foil if top browns too quickly.
NotesThis recipe may have been an old Carnation recipe. Rarely is there any left. Great any time of year.
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More