- Cooking Time: 55 to 60
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe may have been an old Carnation recipe. Rarely is there any left. Great any time of year.
- 1 - 16 ounce package fresh breakfast sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 4 cups cubed day old bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (12 ounces, each) evaporated milk
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place bread in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine evaporated milk, eggs, dry mustard, onion powder and pepper in medium bowl.
- Pour evenly over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with sausage. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning:
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Cover with foil if top browns too quickly.