- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAgain from my friend, from a bed and breakfast they stayed at.
- 1 Cup Of Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter Or Margarine
- 2 Tablespoons Of Light Corn Syrup
- 12 Slices Of Bread
- 6 Eggs Beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups Of Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Vanilla
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Combine sugar, butter & corn syrup in a small saucepan and cook until blended. Pour syrup mixture into lightly greased 13” x 9” x 2”. Place 6 slices of bread on top of the syrup mixture. Top with second layer of slices.
- Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, salt and pour over bread slices.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Slice and serve.
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More