- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup Of Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter Or Margarine
- 2 Tablespoons Of Light Corn Syrup
- 12 Slices Of Bread
- 6 Eggs Beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups Of Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Vanilla
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Combine sugar, butter & corn syrup in a small saucepan and cook until blended. Pour syrup mixture into lightly greased 13” x 9” x 2”. Place 6 slices of bread on top of the syrup mixture. Top with second layer of slices.
- Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, salt and pour over bread slices.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Slice and serve.
NotesAgain from my friend, from a bed and breakfast they stayed at.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More