- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 c. butter, slightly softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP buttermilk (regular milk would be fine)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. rolled oats
- 8 oz. chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. chopped walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 3/4 c. sweetened, shredded coconut (or dried fruit)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- 2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about three minutes. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides once during creaming.
- 3. Beat in eggs one at a time, then mix in the vanilla and buttermilk.
- 4. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Add to the butter mixture in three additions.
- 5. Mix in the oats, chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut or dried fruit.
- 6. Drop by tablespoons full (I used a cookie scoop) on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat, parchment paper, or foil with the dull side up. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until light brown and still slightly gooey. Cool on a wire rack.
NotesThese cookies are from Garland's Lodge in Oak Creek Canyon, Arizona. My husband and I love Garland's and we love these cookies so much I made them for our wedding!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More