OAT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH WALNUTS
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 c. butter, slightly softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP buttermilk (regular milk would be fine)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. rolled oats
- 8 oz. chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. chopped walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 3/4 c. sweetened, shredded coconut (or dried fruit)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about three minutes. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides once during creaming.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time, then mix in the vanilla and buttermilk.
4. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Add to the butter mixture in three additions.
5. Mix in the oats, chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut or dried fruit.
6. Drop by tablespoons full (I used a cookie scoop) on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat, parchment paper, or foil with the dull side up. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until light brown and still slightly gooey. Cool on a wire rack.
Website Credit: http://kelseysappleaday.blogspot.com/2010/06/oat-chocolate-chip-cookies-with-walnuts.html