OAT LEMON BLUEBERRY SCONES
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 8 Large Scones
- Preparation Time: 13-15
- For Scones
- Full box Dassant Scone Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter-melted
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats - plus 3 tablespoons
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (5 1/2 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest - grated
- Egg Wash
- 1 large egg - beaten for egg wash
- 1 tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Combine egg, milk, and butter.
In second bowl, combine 1 cup oats, blueberries, lemon zest with mix.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
Place dough on floured board.
Pat or roll into 8-inch circle.
Cut into pie shaped wedges and place on baking sheet about 2-inches apart. Brush tops and sides with egg wash if desired, sprinkle with remaining oats and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Website Credit: http://www.dassant.com/recipe/65/blueberry-lemon-oat-vanilla-scone