- Cooking Time: 9-11 minutes
- Servings: Make 4-5 dozen cookies.
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Ingredients for Oatmeal Cookies:
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried fruit such as raisins or cranberries
- 1 cup nuts such as walnuts
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1) Make the cookies. In an electric mixer, cream butter. Add white and brown sugars and continue creaming. Add baking soda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Add eggs and cream thoroughly. Add flour and cream thoroughly. Incorporate oats one cup at a time. OPTIONAL: Either leave cookie dough plain or add 1 cup raisins and/or 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup dried cranberries or two cups chocolate chips.
- 2) Allow the dough to rest. Transfer cookie dough to an airtight container and refrigerate for several hours or overnight for best results. To speed process, place in the freezer for one hour.
- 3) Bake the cookies. Place rounded tablespoons of dough, evenly spaced on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 355(F) oven for 9-11 minutes.
- NOTE: This recipe makes 4-5 dozen cookies, depending on size and add-ins such as raisins or nuts.
NotesOatmeal Raisin Cookies are always a hit! What is it about these cookies that make them such a crowd pleaser? Is it because they’re so chewy? Is it because they’re so comforting? Is it because they have oats and walnuts in them and they just feel healthier?
Or, how about an ice cream cookie sandwich? Oatmeal Cookies with Cookies and Cream ice cream tastes just like an It’s It or a Cool-a-coo… only better! Well, whatever the reason… Oatmeal Cookie lovers, this one’s for you!