- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 18 pieces?
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 stick butter or maragarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rasins (optional)
- 1 peeled, chopped apple (optional but delicious!)
- Pour boiling water over oatmeal in large bowl. Let stand.
- Cream butter, sugars, soda and vanilla.
- Mix with oatmeal.
- Add eggs, flours, cinnamon, salt, raisins and apple.
- Bake in greased, floured 9x13 pan. 350 degrees. 30 - 35 min. Serve warm or cool.
NotesThis recipe came from Jenny Holmstrom at St. Michael's Church in Duluth, MN, a long time ago. It was a cake served with a very thick, Crisco-based frosting. I made it a little healthier, skipped the frosting and now we eat it for breakfast.
Austin Personal Training Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More