- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 1/2 cups Boiling water
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons soda
- 2/3 cvup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Pour boiling water over oats and let stand while mixing the following.
- Cream Crisco and add sugar then the eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients together and mix.
- Add oatmeal mixture and vanilla.
- Pour cake mixture in a greased and floured 9x13 pan and bake at 350* for 60 minutes or until cake is done.
- While the cake is baking; make the icing.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over hot cake and place cake under broiler until bubbly...5 minutes.
NotesThe first time I heard about this cake; I thought that doesn't even sound good. But if you're a lover of a spice type cake; then you'll love this super moist cake!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More