- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 50 light candy caramels
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk or light cream
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 2 c. oatmeal
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. butter, melted
- 16-oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- Melt caramels in milk in heavy saucepan; cool slightly .
- Combine next 6 ingredients; mix until crumbly. Press half the crumbs in greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate pieces and pecans; spread carefully with caramel mixture. Press remaining crumbs on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours; cut in 48 bars.
NotesThis my friend's Grandmother's Recipe
To double the recipe, use a 9x13 pan. You'll need to bake about 30 minutes for a double recipe.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More