- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 50 light candy caramels
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk or light cream
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 2 c. oatmeal
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. butter, melted
- 16-oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- Melt caramels in milk in heavy saucepan; cool slightly .
- Combine next 6 ingredients; mix until crumbly. Press half the crumbs in greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate pieces and pecans; spread carefully with caramel mixture. Press remaining crumbs on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours; cut in 48 bars.
NotesThis my friend's Grandmother's Recipe
To double the recipe, use a 9x13 pan. You'll need to bake about 30 minutes for a double recipe.
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More