- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 50 light candy caramels
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk or light cream
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 2 c. oatmeal
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. butter, melted
- 16-oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- Melt caramels in milk in heavy saucepan; cool slightly .
- Combine next 6 ingredients; mix until crumbly. Press half the crumbs in greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate pieces and pecans; spread carefully with caramel mixture. Press remaining crumbs on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours; cut in 48 bars.
NotesThis my friend's Grandmother's Recipe
To double the recipe, use a 9x13 pan. You'll need to bake about 30 minutes for a double recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Vegan Eats!See More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More