OATMEAL CARROT CAKE BREAD
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 can crushed pineapple in juice (8 ounce) undrained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (or 4 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated, about 3 medium
- 1/2 cup raisins, preferably golden
- Spray bottom of 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats and milk in bowl and let stand 10 minutes to soften.
- Add pineapple with juice, eggs, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- Add carrots and raisins to bowl.
- Then add oat mixture to dry ingredients all at once.
- Stir and fold gently with rubber spatula just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix. Scrape batter into pan.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- When completely cool, wrap bread in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
NotesThese can be sliced into thick slices; place each slice in a zipper sandwich bag and freeze. Use for lunchboxes or toast and serve with cream cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More