- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 c Earth Balance stick
- 1/4 c applesauce
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1 flax egg (3 T water + 1 T ground flax seed)*
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 c quick oats
- 2 t cornstarch
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 c (heaping) chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, using a hang mixer, beat together sugar and softened butter. Add flax mixture and vanilla and incorporate thoroughly. In a second, smaller bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Gradually add, 1/3 of a cup at a time, flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture until well incorporated. Toss chocolate chips with 1 tbsp flour and fold them into the cookie dough.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Once dough has chilled, press it evenly into a 9" pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F) and bake the cookie cake for 18-20 minutes. Then, to brown the top, increase the heat to 425 degrees and bake for 1-2 minutes, watching the cake closely as to not burn.
- Let cake cool before frosting, or serve as is.
- *Make flax egg and let it sit in the fridge for at least 10 minutes before adding it to the dough.
NotesI made this for Paul's 19th birthday party that my Mom threw him. Everyone loved it! Top with cream cheese frosting for extra birthday sweetness.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Chicken and onion kabobs
Easy Sunday Pot Roast
Shrimp Nachos with Avocado-Corn RelishSee More