- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 12-16
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Add the egg, vanilla, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix until well blended.
- Add the oatmeal and "chocolate" chips and mix well.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350F.
- Let cool about 5 minutes on cookie sheet and then transfer to a wire rack.
NotesI was searching for that perfect home made cookie for my children. They miss out on a lot with their special diets & I was determined to make the best chocolate chip cookie just for them!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More