- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 12-16
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Add the egg, vanilla, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix until well blended.
- Add the oatmeal and "chocolate" chips and mix well.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350F.
- Let cool about 5 minutes on cookie sheet and then transfer to a wire rack.
NotesI was searching for that perfect home made cookie for my children. They miss out on a lot with their special diets & I was determined to make the best chocolate chip cookie just for them!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More