- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powder oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix the salt and baking soda in with the flour, then layer the ingredients into the jar. Use scissors to cut a 9 inch-diameter circle from calico. Place over lid and secure with rubber band. Tie on a raffia or ribbon bow to cover rubber band.
- Enclose a card with the following mixing and baking directions:
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Sift dry ingredients through a colander to separate the chocolate chips from other ingredients.
- Beat 1 cup of butter or margarine in a medium bowl. Beat sifted ingredients into butter until blended.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Mix beaten egg mixture into butter mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of batter, spaced well apart, onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes 4 dozen
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More