- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 tbsp white sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Quaker Quick Oats
- 1 6 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla.
- Add the egg
- Sift together the flour, soda and salt and add to the other mixture.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- (Note: you can replace the chips and nuts for raisins, or you can divide the dough and make one half chocolate chip and the other half raisin. You could add a little cinnamon if you make Oatmeal Raisin. Another idea is to use Raisin-ettes.)
- Drop by rounded teaspoon. (I flatten them before baking.)
- Bake 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
NotesKids love to grab a cookie right out of the oven. You won't have time to fill up the cookie jar when you make these, because they will disappear fast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More