- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryKids love to grab a cookie right out of the oven. You won't have time to fill up the cookie jar when you make these, because they will disappear fast.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 tbsp white sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Quaker Quick Oats
- 1 6 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla.
- Add the egg
- Sift together the flour, soda and salt and add to the other mixture.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- (Note: you can replace the chips and nuts for raisins, or you can divide the dough and make one half chocolate chip and the other half raisin. You could add a little cinnamon if you make Oatmeal Raisin. Another idea is to use Raisin-ettes.)
- Drop by rounded teaspoon. (I flatten them before baking.)
- Bake 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.