- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cups flour (I use unbleached flour)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, coarsely chopped ( I use large flake oatmeal)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups walnuts(I would toast these) You could use any nut you like toasted
- In a bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda and oatmeal (A). Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter with sugar (brown and white), vanilla and corn syrup till light and fluffy. Beat in egg.
- Add (A) mixture (flour and oatmeal) till well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts
- Freeze dough till firm for about 15 minutes. (I put the dough into a tin pie plate)
- Drop by spoonful into greased cookie pan. Bake 350° for 10-15 minutes or until edges
- turn brown.
NotesI found these cookies over at Simply Anne's. They are amazing. I took them to work today. Everyone really enjoyed them. They have a nice crunch, but not dry at all. They are chewy. Easy to prepare. A must try for sure.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More