- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 3 dozen cookies
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raisins, chopped nuts or semisweet chocolate chips (or coconut!) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Beat all ingredients except oats, flour and raisins in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with a spoon; stir in oats, flour and raisins (chopped nuts, chocolate chips, coconut).
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light brown; immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
NotesThis is a recipe that I adapted from 'Betty Crocker's Big Red Cookbook'. The original recipe is actually called 'Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies', but I didn't have any raisins (or chopped nuts or semisweet chocolate chips), but I did have about a cup of flaked coconut, so I decided to use that instead.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More