- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon 5-spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Mix together flour, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 2 Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart wide mouth'' canning jar. It will be a tight fit, make sure you firmly pack down each layer in place before adding the flour mixture.
- Instructions to attach to jar:
- Oatmeal Cookies
- 1. Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix. 2. Add: 3/4 cup butter or margarine softened at room temp. DO NOT USE DIET MARGARINE. Stir in one egg, slightly beaten. Add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla. 3. Mix until completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands. 4. Shape into balls the size of walnuts. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheets 2 inches apart. DO NOT USE WAXED PAPER. 5. Bake at 350° for 11 to 13 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to baking racks to finish cooling. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More