- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon 5-spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Mix together flour, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 2 Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart wide mouth'' canning jar. It will be a tight fit, make sure you firmly pack down each layer in place before adding the flour mixture.
- Instructions to attach to jar:
- Oatmeal Cookies
- 1. Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix. 2. Add: 3/4 cup butter or margarine softened at room temp. DO NOT USE DIET MARGARINE. Stir in one egg, slightly beaten. Add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla. 3. Mix until completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands. 4. Shape into balls the size of walnuts. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheets 2 inches apart. DO NOT USE WAXED PAPER. 5. Bake at 350° for 11 to 13 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to baking racks to finish cooling. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
MidLife Road Trip's
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More