- Cooking Time: 9 to 11 minutes
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- * 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- * 2 cups packed brown sugar
- * 1 cup granulated sugar
- * 2 teaspoons baking powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- * 2 eggs
- * 1/4 cup milk
- * 2 teaspoons vanilla
- * 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- * 2 cups rolled oats
- 1. In an extra-large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, and baking soda; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the rolled oats.
- 2. Divide dough into three equal portions. Choose one of the variations below to add to each portion of dough. Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden but centers are soft. Cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool. Makes: 96 cookies
- 4. Spicy Raisin Rounds: Stir in 1 cup raisins or currants, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves. Continue as directed.
- Nutrition Facts per cookie: 249 cal., 10 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 38 mg chol., 149 mg sodium, 38 g carbo., 1 g fiber, 3 g pro.
- 5. Nutty Brickle Chippers: Stir in 1 cup chopped chocolate-covered English toffee or semisweet chocolate pieces and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or hazelnuts (filberts). Continue as directed.
- Nutrition Facts per cookie: 273 cal., 13 g total fat (7 g sat. fat), 38 mg chol., 149 mg sodium, 36 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 3 g pro.
- 6. Candy Cookies: Stir in 1 cup snipped or chopped gumdrops or candy-coated milk chocolate pieces. Continue as directed.
- Nutrition Facts per cookie: 257 cal., 10 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 38 mg chol., 151 mg sodium, 40 g carbo., 1 g fiber, 3 g pro.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More