- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soday
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cup Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped in half
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips and chunks
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º degrees.
- Toast pecans in fry pan until nicely browned.
- Chop the cherries in half.
- In bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir with whisk to combine.
- In another bowl combine oatmeal, chocolate and cherries.
- Place butter in stand mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add brown sugar and beat until well blended.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- When well incorporated add flour mixture.
- Mix this only until mixture comes together.
- Add the oatmeal mixture.
- At this point I usually use a wooden spoon to combine.
- Take a ice-cream scoop and scoop onto cookie sheet.
- Press down until about 3/4" thick.
- Leave a couple inches between cookies.
- Bake about 18 minutes.
- Cool on pan for a minutes.
- Place on cooling rack.
- Stack in air tight container.
- Makes 27 cookies
NotesOn Nook & Pantry blog I saw this cookie and decided to try it this morning. Since I was not going to go out to get dried cranberries or cherries, I used maraschino cherries instead . They tasted really good with them. There are two more cookies I wish to try over the next week or two so stay tuned.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More