- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup instant oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins, whichever you prefer (I usually make a batch of each)
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add egg, vanilla and milk and beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients, including spices and mix with creamed mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonsful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until light brown - 10-12 minutes.
NotesAnother traditional recipe from my Annual Christmas Cookie Party. A fairly standard recipe, but I spice it up a bit. It makes a nice chewy oatmeal cookie, great with a glass of milk.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More