- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup instant oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins, whichever you prefer (I usually make a batch of each)
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add egg, vanilla and milk and beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients, including spices and mix with creamed mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonsful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until light brown - 10-12 minutes.
NotesAnother traditional recipe from my Annual Christmas Cookie Party. A fairly standard recipe, but I spice it up a bit. It makes a nice chewy oatmeal cookie, great with a glass of milk.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More