- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. butter or 100% oil oleo
- 2 c. brown sugar (or 1 c. white and 1 c. brown)
- 1 c. milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 c. flour
- 1 t. soda
- 4 c. quick oats
- 1 c. nuts
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1 pkg. chocolate chips
- 2 t. vanilla
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Mix soda into the flour and add alternately with milk.
- Hand stir in oats, nuts and chocolate chips. Chill dough.
- Drop from teaspoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Makes 5 or 6 dozen cookies.
NotesI have been making these cookies for over 60 years. The recipe was given to my mother by a neighbor, Mrs. Bailey. The are a soft cookie and freeze well. I won a blue ribbon with these cookies when I was in 4-H Club when I was 10 years old. My brother bakes these often (he makes them pretty big). I have taken them the USO, parties, potluck dinners, and bake sales, and they are always a hit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Summertime SippersSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More