- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. butter or 100% oil oleo
- 2 c. brown sugar (or 1 c. white and 1 c. brown)
- 1 c. milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 c. flour
- 1 t. soda
- 4 c. quick oats
- 1 c. nuts
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1 pkg. chocolate chips
- 2 t. vanilla
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Mix soda into the flour and add alternately with milk.
- Hand stir in oats, nuts and chocolate chips. Chill dough.
- Drop from teaspoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Makes 5 or 6 dozen cookies.
NotesI have been making these cookies for over 60 years. The recipe was given to my mother by a neighbor, Mrs. Bailey. The are a soft cookie and freeze well. I won a blue ribbon with these cookies when I was in 4-H Club when I was 10 years old. My brother bakes these often (he makes them pretty big). I have taken them the USO, parties, potluck dinners, and bake sales, and they are always a hit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More