- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour (unbleached)
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (large flake oats)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted shortening
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease 12 medium-sized muffin cups
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Stir in rolled oats and brown sugar
- Beat together egg, milk and oil
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and stir only until combined. (Batter will be lumpy).
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
NotesWhen I had my appendix out I had these amazing oatmeal muffins in the hospital, when the food was good. And this recipe came the closest to those. I got this recipe from a lady I worked with before I had children.
When I make these again I will add pic.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More