- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour (unbleached)
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (large flake oats)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted shortening
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease 12 medium-sized muffin cups
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Stir in rolled oats and brown sugar
- Beat together egg, milk and oil
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and stir only until combined. (Batter will be lumpy).
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
NotesWhen I had my appendix out I had these amazing oatmeal muffins in the hospital, when the food was good. And this recipe came the closest to those. I got this recipe from a lady I worked with before I had children.
When I make these again I will add pic.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Sweet Roll Dough
Rosemary and goat cheese crostinis
Weiner-Bean CasseroleSee More