- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 1 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBLSP. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup. chopped pecans
- 3 (1.5 oz.) bars milk chocolate (I use Hershey's), grated
- 12 oz. chocolate candy coating, (optional) BUT highly recommended.
- Place oats in electric blender; process until finely ground; set aside
- Beat butter in a large bowl at med. speed of an electric mixer; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Combine ground oats, flour, soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in chocolate morsels, grated chocolate, and pecans.
- Drop by heaping TBLSP-fuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- Melt candy coating; dip cookies halfway and set cookies on wax paper.
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More