- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbs all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together the oats, flour, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- Put granulated and brown sugars and the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on med speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in eggs and vanilla, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Reduce speed to low. Add oat mixture; mix until just combined. Mix in raisins.
- Using a small (1 1/2 Tbs) ice-cream scoop, make balls of dough, and place them 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are golden and just set, 12-14 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks, and let cool completely.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More