- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbs all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together the oats, flour, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- Put granulated and brown sugars and the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on med speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in eggs and vanilla, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Reduce speed to low. Add oat mixture; mix until just combined. Mix in raisins.
- Using a small (1 1/2 Tbs) ice-cream scoop, make balls of dough, and place them 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are golden and just set, 12-14 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks, and let cool completely.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
MetroCooking DC 2013
The Social CookbookSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More