- Cooking Time: 11 to 13
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites 2Tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup roasted(unsalted, shelled) sunflower seeds ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Beat together sugar, brown sugar, egg whites, and oil.
- Beat in vanilla, milk, and applesauce.
- Stir together flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; blend into sugar mixture.
- Stir in oats, raisins, sunflower seeds, and walnuts.
- Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Dip the bottom of glass into sugar, then use the bottom of glass to press cookie down lightly and evenly to about ½ - ¾ inch thick.
- Bake 11-13 min. or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
NotesI got this recipe from my great grandmother. Hope you like these
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More