- Cooking Time: 11 to 13
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites 2Tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup roasted(unsalted, shelled) sunflower seeds ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Beat together sugar, brown sugar, egg whites, and oil.
- Beat in vanilla, milk, and applesauce.
- Stir together flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; blend into sugar mixture.
- Stir in oats, raisins, sunflower seeds, and walnuts.
- Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Dip the bottom of glass into sugar, then use the bottom of glass to press cookie down lightly and evenly to about ½ - ¾ inch thick.
- Bake 11-13 min. or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
NotesI got this recipe from my great grandmother. Hope you like these
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More