- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 egg - well beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ tsp lemon extract
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup nuts - chopped
- Combine egg, sugars and extract. Beat well. Add dry ingredients, beating well. Stir in shortening, oats and nuts.
- Chill dough 1 hour. Spread onto greased cookie sheet, leaving ½ inch around edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Cut into squares before cooling.
NotesThis one is my Mom's. I remember making these for her when I was barely tall enough to reach the counter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More