- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 16 waffles
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 1 T and 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 4 T butter, melted
- 2 T and 2 tsp brown sugar
- In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, stir together eggs, milk, butter and brown sugar.
- Add to flour mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour batter on to grids of preheated, lightly greased waffle iron (amount will vary with size of waffle iron).
- Close lid quickly; do not open during baking.
- Use fork to remove baked waffle.
NotesMy family loves waffles! I wanted to find a "healthier" and "heartier" version. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com.
GAES PTO Recipes
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More