OATMEAL WHITE-CHOCOLATE APRICOT COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 14-16 minutes
- Servings: Makes Four dozen cookies
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
- 7 ounces dried apricots, chopped (1-1/2 cups)
1. Mix flour, oatmeal and baking soda in a medium bowl. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add salt, vanilla and eggs; beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture gradually, beating until just combined. Stir in chocolate and apricots. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apat. Bake until edges are golden brown but still soft in the center, 14-16 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to wire rack; cool.
Website Credit: http://www.marthastewartliving.com