- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Oats - 1 cup (quick cooking),Rice - 1/2 cup,Green Moong - 1/4 cup,Tur Dal - 1/4 cup,Chana Dal - 1/4 cup,Yellow Moong - 1 tbsp,Urad Dal - 1 tbsp,Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp,Aniseed - 1 tsp (Saunf/Sompu), Green chilies – 2,Red chilies – 2,Ginger - 1",Onion – 1,Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp,Coriander leaves - 2 tbsps, finely chopped,Salt to taste,Oil as required
- Soak dals in water for 3 hours. In a separate bowl, soak rice in water for 3 hours.Drain and grind rice, green chilies, red chilies, ginger and aniseed to a paste. Add very little water to make a smooth paste. Pour the batter into a bowl and keep aside.Now grind the dals, oats and salt to a slightly coarse paste.. It should be like a thick dosa/pesarattu batter.
- Pour this dal batter into the rice batter bowl. Add chopped onions, asafoetida, turmeric powder and coriander leaves and mix.Heat a cast iron pan or non-stick pan. Once hot, reduce flame, sprinkle few drops of water such that they sizzle. If the water sizzles, it means the pan is right to spread out the adai batter.Pour a ladle full of batter in the center of the pan and swirl around with back of ladle to form a concentric circle like a thick dosa/uttappam.
- Drizzle few drops of oil around the edge of the adai/dosa and a few drops over the dosa.Allow to cook on low to medium flame for 2-3 minutes. When the bottom of adai lightly browns, flip over and cook for another 2-3 minutes on low to medium flame.Remove onto a serving plate and serve with chutney or pickle of your choice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More