OBAMA'S CHILI RECIPE
Obama's Chili Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Several cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground basil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Several tomatoes, depending on size, chopped
- 1 can red kidney beans
Saute onions, green pepper and garlic in olive oil until soft.
Add ground meat and brown.
Combine spices together into a mixture, then add to ground meat.
Add red wine vinegar.
Add tomatoes and let simmer, until tomatoes cook down.
Add kidney beans and cook for a few more minutes.
Serve over white or brown rice. Garnish with grated cheddar cheese, onions and sour cream.
Obama has been using this chili recipe since college and says he would bring it to any potluck party. He says he "can't reveal all the secrets, but if you make it right, it's just got the right amount of bite, the right amount of oomph in it, and it will clear your sinuses."
Website Credit: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/04/obamas-chili-recipe_n_89826.html