- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 Cup Butter
- 2 1/8 Cup White Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups All- purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Mashed Banana
- 1/2 Cup Butter ( softened)
- 1 Package 8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 3 1/2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour pan. ( I use two 8 or 9in rounds)
- In a small bowl mix mashed bananas with lemon juice and set aside.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream 3/4 cups butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in one egg at a time, then stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Stir in banana mixture.
- Pour mix into prepared pans.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour. Or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place directly into freezer.
- Keep in freezer for 45 minutes. (This will make cake very moist)
- For Frosting.
- In large bowl cream 1/2cup butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add confectioners sugar and bat on low until combined.
- Then beat on high until frosting is smooth.
- Spread over cooled cake.
NotesI got this recipe from my mom. She got it from allrecipes.com and just tweaked it a bit. It is by far the most amazing cake ever!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
The Italian Exchange
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More