- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 Cup Butter
- 2 1/8 Cup White Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups All- purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Mashed Banana
- 1/2 Cup Butter ( softened)
- 1 Package 8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 3 1/2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour pan. ( I use two 8 or 9in rounds)
- In a small bowl mix mashed bananas with lemon juice and set aside.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream 3/4 cups butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in one egg at a time, then stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Stir in banana mixture.
- Pour mix into prepared pans.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour. Or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place directly into freezer.
- Keep in freezer for 45 minutes. (This will make cake very moist)
- For Frosting.
- In large bowl cream 1/2cup butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add confectioners sugar and bat on low until combined.
- Then beat on high until frosting is smooth.
- Spread over cooled cake.
NotesI got this recipe from my mom. She got it from allrecipes.com and just tweaked it a bit. It is by far the most amazing cake ever!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More