- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb green cabbage (half of a large head)
- 1 large carrot (about 5 oz)
- Shred the cabbage and carrot and place them in a large serving bowl.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper, then pour over the cabbage and carrot and toss to coat.
- Let sit for 20 minutes for the flavors to mingle, then serve.
NotesThis coleslaw has no mayo, which makes it nicely suited for picnics, potlucks, and other places where you won’t necessarily have refrigeration. I prefer the vinaigrette over a creamy sauce in any case.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Christmas CookiesSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More