- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb green cabbage (half of a large head)
- 1 large carrot (about 5 oz)
- Shred the cabbage and carrot and place them in a large serving bowl.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper, then pour over the cabbage and carrot and toss to coat.
- Let sit for 20 minutes for the flavors to mingle, then serve.
NotesThis coleslaw has no mayo, which makes it nicely suited for picnics, potlucks, and other places where you won’t necessarily have refrigeration. I prefer the vinaigrette over a creamy sauce in any case.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More