- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb green cabbage (half of a large head)
- 1 large carrot (about 5 oz)
- Shred the cabbage and carrot and place them in a large serving bowl.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper, then pour over the cabbage and carrot and toss to coat.
- Let sit for 20 minutes for the flavors to mingle, then serve.
NotesThis coleslaw has no mayo, which makes it nicely suited for picnics, potlucks, and other places where you won’t necessarily have refrigeration. I prefer the vinaigrette over a creamy sauce in any case.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Bueno Foods' Green Chile Chicken Stew
Tex Mex Potato LatkesSee More