- Cooking Time: 45-55 minutes
- Servings: 1 loaf
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (3 or medium, ripe to over-ripe)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Using an electric hand mixer, cream the butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating well.
- Add the eggs, flour, baking soda, salt, bananas, vanilla, and pecans, mix well.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased 9x5 inch loaf pan or an 8x8 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then remove bread and cool completely on a wire rack.
NotesThis is an Old-Fashioned Banana Nut Bread recipe adapted from the
Breakfast and Brunch volume of the Oxmoor House Southern Heritage Cookbook Library.
It's my absolute favorite banana bread recipe of all time!