- Cooking Time: 45-55 minutes
- Servings: 1 loaf
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (3 or medium, ripe to over-ripe)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Using an electric hand mixer, cream the butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating well.
- Add the eggs, flour, baking soda, salt, bananas, vanilla, and pecans, mix well.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased 9x5 inch loaf pan or an 8x8 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then remove bread and cool completely on a wire rack.
NotesThis is an Old-Fashioned Banana Nut Bread recipe adapted from the
Breakfast and Brunch volume of the Oxmoor House Southern Heritage Cookbook Library.
It's my absolute favorite banana bread recipe of all time!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cooking for a Cure
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN TREE
Slow Cooker Beans
Sugar-Free Blackberry White Chocolate Ice CreamSee More