- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 c. scalded milk
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. cooked brown rice
- nutmeg & cinnamon to taste
- Beat eggs, add sugar, slowly pour in scalded milk, salt, vanilla, raisins and rice.
- Stir well.
- Put in casserole dish and set in pan of hot water.
- Bake 45 min. to 1 hour, until set.
- Cool and serve.
- For variety: use brown sugar instead of white. Add a little liqueur, any flavor of your choice.
NotesThis is one my mom found and it is really good! Even if you don't like brown rice, please give it a try.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More