- Cooking Time: 4-5 hours
- Servings: 4-6 jars
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 6 lbs unpeeled Apples (Fuji, Gala, Red Delicious...ect)
- 2 cups cider
- all spice
- Wash and cut up apples and put in large kettle / pot
- Add cider, cover and cook over low heat until very tender stirring now and then.
- Cool slightly and press througha sieve or a food mill. Something to strain out the skins and extra pulp.
- Measure out and add half as much sugar as you have cooked down juice.
- Stir in 2 tbsp cinnamon, 2 tsp ground cloves and t tsp all spice.
- Simmer over low heat until dark and very thick about 2 hours.
- Stir regularly.
- Pore into mason jars and seal
NotesIts a southern thang'! ;-D