OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP
- 6 medium (6 cups) apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- vanilla ice cream, if desired
Heat oven to 375°F. Place apples in ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
Combine brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples.
Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.