- Cooking Time: 35 to 40
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water (or substitute water with 1 cup cold brewed coffee)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. (We used three 9-inch round cake pans)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, coffee, milk, oil and vinegar.
- Mix until smooth, batter will be thin. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
NotesMy mom recently made this for my step-father for his 54th birthday. From what I've read, you can substitute buttermilk if a baking recipe calls for milk -- which is exactly what she did. Buttermilk tends to give baked goods a better flavor and texture than milk.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More