- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4¾ to 5¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- â…“ cup butter
- â…“ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- â…” cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 recipe Creamy Glaze
- Creamy Glaze:
- Mix 1¼ cups sifted powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon light-colored corn syrup, and ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine 2¼ cups flour and yeast. In a saucepan, heat and stir milk, ⅓ cup butter, ⅓ cup sugar, and ½ teaspoon salt just until warm (120° to 130°) and butter almost melts. Add to flour mixture; add eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that's smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape into a ball. Place in a greased bowl, turning once. Cover; let rise in a warm place until dough doubles in size (1 hour).
- Punch down dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Lightly grease two 9" x 1½" round baking pans. Roll each half of the dough into a 12" x 8" rectangle. Brush with melted butter. Combine the ⅔ cup sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle over rectangles. Starting from a long side, roll up each rectangle into a spiral. Seal seams. Cut each spiral into 12 slices. Place slices, cut sides down, in prepared pans.
- Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap, leaving room for rolls to rise. Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Uncover; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Break surface bubbles with a greased toothpick. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover rolls loosely with foil for the last 5 to 10 minutes of baking. Remove from oven. Cool for 1 minute. Carefully invert rolls onto wire rack. Cool slightly. Invert again onto a serving platter. Drizzle with Creamy Glaze. Serve warm. Makes 24 rolls.
- Creamy Glaze:
- Mix 1¼ cups sifted powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon light-colored corn syrup, and ½ teaspoon vanilla. Stir in enough half-and-half or light cream (1 to 2 tablespoons) to make of drizzling consistency.
NotesI got this one from my mom who got it from Better Homes & Gardens.