- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbs. + 1 tsp. butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 oz. milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Line an 8x8 square pan with aluminum foil. Butter the pan with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Butter the bottom and sides of a 2 quart heavy saucepan with 1 teaspoon of the butter.
- Combine the sugars, half-and-half, chocolates
- and corn syrup in the saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and cook until the
- mixture reaches a boil, stirring constantly. Carefully clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the
- mixture reaches the soft ball stage, (234F), about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining butter and vanilla.
- Let the mixture stand, without stirring, for about 1 hour or until the mixture reaches
- Remove the candy thermometer.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat the mixture continuously until the mixture thickens.
- Add the nuts and continue to beat the
- mixture for about 10 minutes, or until very thick and looses shine.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared pan.
- Let the mixture set completely, preferably
- Carefully lift the foil from the pan and cut the fudge into individual squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More