- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbs. + 1 tsp. butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 oz. milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Line an 8x8 square pan with aluminum foil. Butter the pan with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Butter the bottom and sides of a 2 quart heavy saucepan with 1 teaspoon of the butter.
- Combine the sugars, half-and-half, chocolates
- and corn syrup in the saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and cook until the
- mixture reaches a boil, stirring constantly. Carefully clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the
- mixture reaches the soft ball stage, (234F), about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining butter and vanilla.
- Let the mixture stand, without stirring, for about 1 hour or until the mixture reaches
- Remove the candy thermometer.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat the mixture continuously until the mixture thickens.
- Add the nuts and continue to beat the
- mixture for about 10 minutes, or until very thick and looses shine.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared pan.
- Let the mixture set completely, preferably
- Carefully lift the foil from the pan and cut the fudge into individual squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More