- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light or dark molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- additional sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and molasses; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Mix well. Chill dough until easy to handle. Roll into 1-1/4-in. balls and roll in sugar.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until edges are firm and surface cracks.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
The Naked MacaronSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More