- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI love lemons, the smell, taste, texture. Everything about it makes it so great! I found this recipe several years ago and then made some changes to make it my own.
For a variation, try lime instead of lemon, or do what I did, combine lemon AND lime in one!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cp whole milk
- 1/2 cp oil
- 2 t grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 whole lemon
- Preheat oven to (350) and lightly grease 8x5 loaf pan.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil and lemon peel.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir enough to moisten the mixture.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 40-45 min or until bread is golden.
- You can test for doneness by poking it with a skewer.
- If it comes out clean, it's done. If not, bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let cool about 10 min and poke holes with wooden skewer all the way through the bread so the glaze can penetrate throughout.
- Make glaze, by dissolving sugar in juice over medium heat. Add grated lemon peel to the glaze for added flavor. Drizzle glaze over bread. Let cool before serving.