- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cp whole milk
- 1/2 cp oil
- 2 t grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 whole lemon
- Preheat oven to (350) and lightly grease 8x5 loaf pan.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil and lemon peel.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir enough to moisten the mixture.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 40-45 min or until bread is golden.
- You can test for doneness by poking it with a skewer.
- If it comes out clean, it's done. If not, bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let cool about 10 min and poke holes with wooden skewer all the way through the bread so the glaze can penetrate throughout.
- Make glaze, by dissolving sugar in juice over medium heat. Add grated lemon peel to the glaze for added flavor. Drizzle glaze over bread. Let cool before serving.
NotesI love lemons, the smell, taste, texture. Everything about it makes it so great! I found this recipe several years ago and then made some changes to make it my own.
For a variation, try lime instead of lemon, or do what I did, combine lemon AND lime in one!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More