- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- In a bowl, using a whisk or an an electric mixer, beat the eggs on medium speed until frothy. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, vanilla and butter. Stir just until the batter is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Heat a griddle or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Lightly grease the griddle with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour about 1⁄3 cup batter, making the pancakes as big or little as you want. Cook until bubbles form on top and the batter is set, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the pancakes. Cook until golden brown on the other side, about 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to the griddle as needed.
- Serve with powdered sugar and jelly or your favorite syrup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More