- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb butter (2 cups)
- 1 lb sifted cake flour (4 cups)
- 10 eggs, separated
- 1 lb sugar (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter, work in flour until mixture is mealy.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla until thick and fluffy.
- Add first mixture gradually, beating thoroughly.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Beat vigorously 5 minutes.
- Bake in 2 loaf pans line with waxed paper, in a moderately slow oven (325' f) 1 1/4 hrs.
- Makes 2 loaves (8x4 inches)
NotesPublished in 1938, in a book called The American Woman's Cookbook, I figure if if they called this pound cake old fashioned back then....it must be ancient now!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More