- Cooking Time: 1 1/4 hrs
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb butter
- 1 lb sifted cake flour
- 10 eggs, separated (which equals a pound)
- 1 lb sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325' F
- Cream the butter. Work in the flour until mixture is mealy.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla until thick in fluffy.
- Add butter mixture to the egg mixture gradually, beating thoroughly. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into butter mixture. Beat vigorously 5 minutes.
- Prepare 2 loaf pans by lining them with parchment paper. Bake for 1 1/4 hours.
NotesI've always enjoyed fresh strawberries with a slice of poundcake, but had never baked one. This recipe is old....found in a cookbook published back in 1948. The interesting part about poundcake is the ingredients...a pound of everything....thus the name.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More