- Cooking Time: 1 1/4 hrs
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb butter
- 1 lb sifted cake flour
- 10 eggs, separated (which equals a pound)
- 1 lb sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325' F
- Cream the butter. Work in the flour until mixture is mealy.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla until thick in fluffy.
- Add butter mixture to the egg mixture gradually, beating thoroughly. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into butter mixture. Beat vigorously 5 minutes.
- Prepare 2 loaf pans by lining them with parchment paper. Bake for 1 1/4 hours.
NotesI've always enjoyed fresh strawberries with a slice of poundcake, but had never baked one. This recipe is old....found in a cookbook published back in 1948. The interesting part about poundcake is the ingredients...a pound of everything....thus the name.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More