- Cooking Time: 12 to 13 minutes
- Servings: 48 3 inch cookies
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar - (packed)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups sorghum flour
- 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 cups sweet rice flour
- 1/2 tsp GF vanilla powder (Authentic Foods)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, Ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 Tbs granulated sugar (optional) for rolling balls in
- No gum needed
- 1. Mix the flours with the vanilla powder, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and cream of tartar, shake in a container to thoroughly mix and set aside
- 2. Cream butter, sugars and honey. Beat in eggs one at a time into creamed mixture. Add about half of the flour, continue mixing with mixer. Stir in the remainder of the flour with a spatula.
- 3. Shape into 48 1-inch balls. Optionally roll each ball in granulated sugar.
- 4. Place on parchment covered cookie sheet 2 inches apart. The cookie will spread, but not run. Flattening slightly is optional.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees F until lightly brown - (12 to 13 minutes). If rolled in sugar, cracks will appear. If the cracks seem a little wet, leave in the oven a little longer.
- 6. After removing from oven, lift with a lifter to another cookie sheet to cool completely as they will be a little brittle while warm.
- If you have powdered flavorings, they work best with this cookie. Honey and brown sugar helps with keeping the soft center.
- Nutrition Facts
- Serving size: 1/48 of a recipe (1 ounce).
- Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 111.07
- Total Fat 4.42g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Cholesterol 18.98mg
- Sodium 30.99mg
- Potassium 36.16mg
- Total Carbohydrates 16.69g
- Fiber 1.05g
- Sugar 7.17g
- Protein 1.81g
NotesI really missed being able to make these, since becoming gluten free, so this is finally a good cookie. I decided to roll it in sugar to get the cracked look of sugar cookies. Without the 'roll', it is the same as the original tea cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More