- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half, light cream, or whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 4- to 6-inch vanilla bean or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract*
- 1-1/4 cups whipping cream
- In a large saucepan heat and stir half-and-half, sugar, and vanilla bean (if using) just to a simmer. Remove from heat. Remove vanilla bean; let cool. Using a paring knife, slit vanilla bean lengthwise. Scrape out seeds. Stir seeds (or vanilla extract, if using) and whipping cream into milk mixture. Cover; chill about 4 hours.
- Freeze mixture in ice-cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions. Ripen 4 hours. Makes 1-1/2 quarts (twelve, 1/2-cup servings).
- *Note: Omit heating the mixture if using vanilla extract.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More