- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large beef soup bone
- 2 lb. stew beef, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 (14 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes (reserve liquid)
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen diced carrots
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen green peas
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen lima beans
- 4 ribs celery, diced
- 5 medium diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup red vinegar
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 qt. water
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill Dutch oven or any suitable container of your choosing with 4 quarts of water. Add soup bone and stew beef to water along with vinegar. Allow stew beef and bone to boil at medium heat until tender, about 1 hour.
- Add carrots, green peas, corn, lima beans, celery and bouillon; cook about 40 minutes over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add potatoes and cook until fork-tender. **Remove soup bone. Reduce heat and gradually add tomatoes with juice, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Simmer gently over low heat for approximately 30 minutes. Serves 8 to 10 portions.
- **Soup bone may be frozen.
- One (40 ounce) package of frozen mixed vegetables could be used instead of separate bags of vegeta-
- bles. This soup may be frozen.
One (40 ounce) package of frozen mixed vegetables could be used instead of separate bags of vegetables. This soup may be frozen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More