- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
One (40 ounce) package of frozen mixed vegetables could be used instead of separate bags of vegetables. This soup may be frozen.
- 1 large beef soup bone
- 2 lb. stew beef, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 (14 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes (reserve liquid)
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen diced carrots
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen green peas
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen lima beans
- 4 ribs celery, diced
- 5 medium diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup red vinegar
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 qt. water
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill Dutch oven or any suitable container of your choosing with 4 quarts of water. Add soup bone and stew beef to water along with vinegar. Allow stew beef and bone to boil at medium heat until tender, about 1 hour.
- Add carrots, green peas, corn, lima beans, celery and bouillon; cook about 40 minutes over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add potatoes and cook until fork-tender. **Remove soup bone. Reduce heat and gradually add tomatoes with juice, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Simmer gently over low heat for approximately 30 minutes. Serves 8 to 10 portions.
- **Soup bone may be frozen.
- One (40 ounce) package of frozen mixed vegetables could be used instead of separate bags of vegeta-
- bles. This soup may be frozen.