- Cooking Time: 150
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 beef soup bone with meat
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. fat
- 4 cups water
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1 c. sliced carrots (2-3 med)
- 1 c. cut-up celery and leaves (2 long stalks)
- 1 can (1 lb.) tomatoes (2 cups)
- 3 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 bay leaf, crumbled
- 3 peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp. marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- Cut meat off bone into small chunks. Brown the meat in hot fat in large kettle. Add water and bone and simmer covered 1½ to 2 hrs.
- Remove bone and skim fat from top of soup. Add vegetables, salt, bay leaf, and peppercorns, marjoram, and thyme; cook an additional 20 to 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings
- Note: Pour soup in plastic container and freeze. Always ready to heat and serve.
NotesSatifying homemade soup...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More