- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Preparation Time: 12 hours
- 6 or 8 strips of hickory-smoked maple bacon
- 750 mL of bourbon (Elijah Craig recommended)
- Angostura Bitters
- maple syrup
- slices of orange (garnish)
- Step 1: Infuse the Bourbon.
- Cook bacon in a frying pan. When finished, remove the bacon and set aside (or immediately eat).
- Measure out 1 or 2 oz. of the rendered fat left in the pan.
- Pour the 750 mL of bourbon into a nonporous container with a lid. Add the bacon fat and stir.
- Allow the bourbon mixture to sit at room temperature for 4-6 hours. Place the bourbon mixture in the freezer overnight.
- Remove the bourbon mixture from the freezer. Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the fat, which will have risen to the surface of the container. If you are bothered by the small pieces of fat still remaining, pour the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer.
- Step 2: Make Old Fashioned:
- In a mixing glass containing some ice, stir 2 oz. of bacon-infused bourbon with 1 TBSP of maple syrup and a couple of dashes of bitters.
- Strain the mixture into an old-fashioned glass and garnish with a slice of orange.
NotesMy boyfriend and I read a story in the New York Magazine about a bacon-infused bourbon cocktail. We had to try infusing bourbon with bacon for ourselves! The result is delicious: a smoky, smooth bourbon that is reminiscent of scotch. The old-fashioned we made with it is quite delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More