- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (boneless skinless work best)
- 3 cups chicken stock (homemade is always the best!!)
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped (use the leaves too they are yummy!)
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/2 large bag of egg noodles
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees until cooked thru (season it before hand if you wish)
- Cut chicken into bit sized pieces
- pour chicken stock into a pot and heat on medium heat until it simmers
- Add veggies
- **If it doesn't look like enough liquid or you're feeding a lot of people you just add water until you get the amount you're looking for**
- Add egg noodles
- Once egg noodles are cooked (which usually takes about 10 minutes)
- add chicken and seasonings.
- Voila! Chicken Noodle Soup!
- You can adjust this of course to suit your own taste but this is what I've found works best for me.
NotesI HATE canned chicken noodle soup, I looked at it and always thought "I can do WAY better than this crap!" So...I did.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More