OLD SCHOOL CHICKEN AND EGG NOODLE SOUP
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (boneless skinless work best)
- 3 cups chicken stock (homemade is always the best!!)
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped (use the leaves too they are yummy!)
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/2 large bag of egg noodles
Bake chicken at 350 degrees until cooked thru (season it before hand if you wish)
Cut chicken into bit sized pieces
pour chicken stock into a pot and heat on medium heat until it simmers
**If it doesn't look like enough liquid or you're feeding a lot of people you just add water until you get the amount you're looking for**
Add egg noodles
Once egg noodles are cooked (which usually takes about 10 minutes)
add chicken and seasonings.
Voila! Chicken Noodle Soup!
You can adjust this of course to suit your own taste but this is what I've found works best for me.