- Cooking Time: 13 minutes
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 12-ounce package Original M&MS Candy
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend into butter/sugar mixture.
- Stir in M&MS.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and centers are still soft. Do not overbake.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks. Store in tightly covered container.
NotesA very traditional M&M Cookie recipe. I have always loved these cookies, but when the company introduced the M&M Mini, all their recipes switched over to using them. The problem is… M&Ms are made with milk chocolate and M&M Minis are made with dark chocolate. I like eating the minis out of hand, but didn’t enjoy them nearly as much in the cookies, so I have reverted back to the old-school style.